A selection of articles related to willpower.
Original articles from our library related to the Willpower. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Willpower.
- The Magician in the Tarot and Magick
- The symbolic images of the Magician in the Tarot decks explain the essence of magick and the required attitude of its practicioners This card has the number 1, because it is the card of beginnings and everything you need for a good start: self-confidence,...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- 1 - The Magician
- The magician represents the infant in us, surrounded by a world ful of possibilities and opportunities. By communicating, willpower, self-confidence and action he forms and transforms his world. Meaning: creativity, action with purpose, magic,communication (me...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Suit of Wands: Tarot Card Meanings
- 1 ACE OF WANDS Meaning: Creative flame, creative inspiration to new actions, energy, force. Start of an undertaking. Beginning. Enterprise. Reversed: False start, cancellation of plans. 2 OF WANDS - Dominion Meaning: Willpower, will and courage in...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- The Emperor Tarot Card
- I'd like to offer the following interpretation of The Emperor card. It is important to bear in mind that when it comes to symbols and archetypal images that our perception of these representations may vary from person to person. My interpretation is my own...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Calcium carbonicum (Oyster Shell)
- This remedy is made of the shell of the oyster. Let's have a look at an oyster: Inside a thick hard calcium-made shell lies a soft and quite formless animal. When the oyster feels at ease it opens its shell and passively lets through the sea water and...
Remedies >> Remedies C
- Ferrum metallicum (Iron)
- Ferrum, iron, is the metal of the planet Mars. Mars derives its red color from the large amounts of iron in the ground. In the human body the liver is the main storeroom of iron; a proper working liver is associated with courage and positivism. Our blood...
Remedies >> Remedies F
Willpower is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Willpower books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Way to Will Power (1922)
- tions, one learns, are reserved for the men of Will-Power (not for- getting the capitals). The advertisements betray bizarre ideas about the will and will- power.
- As part of Yale Rep's educational initative WILL POWER!
- WILL POWER/ WON'T POWER:
- MAKING A DIFFERENCE in the Lives of Yo u t h. WILL POWER/WON'T POWER. National Collaboration for Youth PAGE 1 OF 8.
- Willpower and the Optimal Control of Visceral Urges"
- We investigate the behavior of an agent with limited willpower who optimally urges. Willpower thus links otherwise unrelated behaviors requiring self#control.
Suggested News Resources
- How to Learn Self-Control
- A new book argues that willpower is tied directly to consumption of glucose—and we can teach ourselves new behavior. Jamie Holmes speaks to psychologist Roy Baumeister about his book, 'Willpower.
- Mind Over Mind? 'Decision Fatigue' Depletes Willpower — If We Let It
- By Maia Szalavitz Tuesday, August 23, 2011 | View Comments Are the endless decisions of modern life leading to decision fatigue, depleting our willpower to the point that we end up making increasingly poor, even self-destructive choices?
- [CAFE CAPITAL] Kurdish politics in throes of transformation
- A firm stance against terrorism and a call on the terrorist organization to be subordinated to Kurdish civil willpower would make them stronger, eventually paving the way for their becoming a political party addressing the whole country," he said.
- Sinners happily united for 30 years | Faithful Living
- I remember being filled with such joy I had to gather all the willpower I possessed to stop a massive flow of tears, for I don't cry with elegance.
- The Will in the World
- In "Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength," Roy F.
Suggested Web Resources
- Three Effective Ways to Enhance Your Willpower :zenhabits
- Jul 25, 2009 Research tells us that willpower is a limited resource. Each of us only has so much of it. The studies demonstrating this are rather ingenious.
- willpower - definition of willpower by the Free Online Dictionary
- will·pow·er or will pow·er (w l pou r). n. The strength of will to carry out one's decisions, wishes, or plans.
- Self-Discipline: Willpower
- Jun 7, 2005 Willpower — such a dirty word these days.