Wimund Bishop Of Bishop Wimund
A selection of articles related to wimund bishop of bishop wimund.
Original articles from our library related to the Wimund Bishop Of Bishop Wimund. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Wimund Bishop Of Bishop Wimund.
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Welcome to the Perthro column of Rune-of-the-Month Club. Perthro is the Rune for the sound represented by the Roman letter “P.” This is the sixth Rune of the second Aett, hence the fourteenth Rune, so we are moving right along! Perthro is the reconstructed...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- King James Bible: I Timothy, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3:3 Not given to wine,...
New Testament >> I Timothy
- Truth, Lies and the Holocaust
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. -Samuel Butler Over the years, I have heard many tales of tragedy and persecution committed against Neo-Pagans around the country. From folks losing jobs, losing...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- St. Patrick
- The arrival in Antrim of a young Caledonian slave named Succat would hardly seem worthy of historical note, but that slave became St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland and the person responsible for opening the land to Christianity. Patrick began by converting...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- According to the writings of the monk, the seven sins were: gastrimargia; porneia; philargyria; lupē: orgē; akedia; kenodoxia; and hyperephania which when translated to Latin for Roman Catholicism are as follows:
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Wimund Bishop Of Bishop Wimund is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Wimund Bishop Of Bishop Wimund books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE EXPLOITS OF WIMUND.*
- said his portlyfigure, so charmed the semi-barbarous Manx, that they requested him to be consecrated their bishop.
- Cille Donnain: a late Norse church in South Uist
- passion of the favourite saint of kings claiming descent from the notorious Ivar.
- Kings of Man
- Isle of Man, and appointed Wimund as the first Bishop.
- ELEVEN YEARS OF ARCHAEOLOGICAL RESEARCH AT RUSHEN
- emphasized with the grant to Furness of the right to elect a bishop for the kingdom and with the election of the Manx Cistercian monk Wimund as bishop.
Suggested Web Resources
- Wimund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The following is a summary of William of Newburgh's account of the life of Bishop Wimund.
- Heard at Byland: Wimund's Woes - The Cistercians in Yorkshire
- However, Wimund's reign of terror was checked when one bishop resisted his demands for tribute and, through God's assistance, drove the warlord away.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.