A selection of articles related to winds.
Original articles from our library related to the Winds. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Winds.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- My Experiences with the PK Man
- My experience with Ted Owens started in 1979, when Owens contacted me at the Enquirer . He portrayed himself as "PK Man" and said he could predict events and control the world's weather. Owens claims were met with skepticism by both myself and my...
>> Psychic Abilities
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I...
New Testament >> Matthew
- Working with the elements
- Four is the number of the physical universe. Both the square and the cross are symbols of material life in the three-dimensional world. The horizontal line of the cross symbolizes time, and the vertical one depicts space. The corners of the square and the...
Magick >> The Elements
- A son of Poseidon, and Lord of the Winds. He figures in the Odyssey, where Odysseus encounters him and is given a bag containing all the winds (except the one which blows toward Ithaka); Odysseus' sailors open it however, and raise a storm....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- The Messenger and Herald of the Gods, He also had responsibility for travelers and roadways. Similar in many ways to the Hellenic Hermes, Mercurius in the Roman world bore the cadeucus (a serpent entwinned staff) as a symbol of his office. The Romans also...
Deities & Heros >> Roman
Winds is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Winds books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Chicago Weather: High winds cause Metra issues, fell trees, close Skydeck
- A High Wind Warning was in effect for all of southern Wisconsin until 8 p.m. Wednesday, the National Weather Service said.
- High wind warning canceled, but gusts could still be 50 mph
- A high wind warning has been canceled for the Chicago area, but the National Weather Service said winds may still be dangerously strong with gusts as high as 50 mph in some places. The area had been under a warning until 8 p.m.
- High winds knock out power to more than 21000 in southeastern Wisconsin
- Wind gusts in excess of 50 mph have knocked out power to more than 21,000 We Energies customers in southeastern Wisconsin, the utility reported Wednesday afternoon. The high winds knocked down trees and power lines and even snapped utility poles, ...
- Disruptive winds to whip midwestern US on Wednesday
- In the wake of severe thunderstorms, some of which produced tornadoes, on Tuesday, strong winds and snow will create travel woes across portions of the midwestern United States into Wednesday night. The storm system that spawned Tuesday's severe ...
- Strong winds cause problems
- Workers from the city's Park's Department Forestry Division remove a fallen tree from the intersection of Russet Avenue and 15th Street Wednesday afternoon, March 16, 2016. Trees and wires were reported down throughout the county Wednesday as wind ...