A selection of articles related to wine etymology.
Original articles from our library related to the Wine Etymology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Wine Etymology.
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Sweet Woodruff
- Botanical Name(s): Asperula odorata , Galium odoratum Species: Rubiaceae Also known as: Woodruff; 'Musk of the Woods' (french), Ladies-in-the-Hay (English), Sweet Grass (English), Waldmeister (German - meaning 'Master of the Wood') Description: Smooth; erect...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary S
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground; 19:2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Make Your Voice Heard As You Tread Gently On Our Mother Earth
- Making Your Voice Heard Before buying crystals, remember to ask where the crystal comes from and how it was mined. A lot of crystals are strip mined, which is very harmful to the land, and when handled often have a feeling of being psychically fractured or...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Wine Etymology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Wine Etymology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Etymology of "Coffee": The Dark Brew Author(s): Alan S. Kaye
- Amharic is 'wine', which is understandable due to the dark color. See Wolf Leslau , Etymological Dictionary of Gurage. (Ethiopic), Vol.
- Studies in Etymology
- 1. THE ALLEGED RUSSIAN ORIGIN OF FRENCH BISTRO ~ BISTROT 'WINE MERCHANT;.
- Dregs of Our Forgotten Ancestors
- 'rice-wine' or 'rice-brandy.' ” “The ritual use [of the Soma plant] is at least of Proto-. Indo-Iranian origin, as revealed by the equivalent use in.
- Word history of spices and condiments
- as a flavoring and preserving agent. II). Etymological change.
- Wine Specialty Group
- Make sure you sign up for the Wine Tasting. Workshops on Etymology of Burgundy Vineyards and the one on Spanish Wines.
Suggested News Resources
- Dear Crabby -- Wine etymology and feigned perplexity
- After exhaustive research (reading the "wine history" entry at Wikipedia and Googling the phrase "red wine, white wine etymology"), I still don't know where or how that terminology originated.
Suggested Web Resources
- wine - Online Etymology Dictionary
- The Online Etymology Dictionary Wein), an early borrowing from L. vinum " wine," from PIE *win-o-, from an Italic noun related to words for "wine" in Gk.
- Wine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- wine - Wiktionary
- This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology.
- Google Answers: "dry wine" etymology
- Why, and when, was the term "dry" ( fr: Vin sec) selected to mean . This is a nice summary of the information I was able to find with more.
- What is the etymology of 'wine'
- What is the etymology of 'wine'? Improve.
Wine Etymology Topics
Related searchesoscar wilde birth and early life
scrolling shooter weapons
religion and abortion islam
geography of thailand boundaries
list of dojinshi manga
troy hurtubise firepaste