Winged Horse Pegasus
A selection of articles related to winged horse pegasus.
Original articles from our library related to the Winged Horse Pegasus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Winged Horse Pegasus.
- The third rune of the third aett bears the reconstructed Common Germanic name Ehwaz. Later, its name became Aihws in Gothic (note how archaic Gothic is), and still later, Eh in Anglo-Saxon. If you remember that “k” in Indo-European changed to “h” in Germanic,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Horse Chestnut: Correspondences
- Aesculus spp. Folk Names: Buckeye Gender: Masculine Planet: Jupiter Element: Fire Deity: Power: Healing, Money...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- The Goddess Epona
- Lately, it seems that Epona is coming back into Her own with the growing popularity of the internet. Most people identify with Her through Her connection with horses - She is the protector of them, after all - but most people don't seem to be aware of all Her...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Perseus as he frees Andromeda
- Aries as the male tendency to fight for a cause, perhaps rarely realizing the cause may just as well be an effort to liberate something within as trying to fight for a worldly prize. The picture shows Perseus as he frees Andromeda from the cliff which she is...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Winged Horse Pegasus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Winged Horse Pegasus books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Advocates rally round the Coney Island Pumping Station after Landmarks
- The ponies are Art Deco-style statues of Pegasus, the winged steed, attributed to artist Harry Lowe and carved out of limestone in 1934. There are four pairs of ponies. The handsome horses' home is the Coney Island Pumping Station at 2301 Neptune Ave.
- Keeping Score: Suite place to watch a race
- Its Vegas vibe is underscored by a majestic bronze statue of the winged-horse Pegasus, 120 feet high for people to see on the corner of Route 1 and Hallandale Beach Boulevard. “Lunch is on us,” said communications director David Joseph. He directed me ...
- Beyond Rawls' Fiction: The Veil of Ignorance Is Real
- Of course, we don't live in a fictional world, and fictional social and political theories run the risk of being treated like Pegasus or unicorns.
- Bracket madness, science style
- The top-ranked unicorn faced off against the winged horse Pegasus. According to medieval literature, unicorns lived in dense forests. Because Pegasus couldn't use its wings in a thick wood, it lost.
- Company aims for splash with luxe pool floats
- Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio likes to float on a winged horse, too, while Justin Bieber is a fan of lounging in a 5-foot sprinkled doughnut.