A selection of articles related to winged.
Original articles from our library related to the Winged. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Winged.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Nyx is Night, a powerful goddess whose dark light falls from the stars and who dictates not only to men but also to gods. Even Zeus does not wish to upset Night: It happened that Hera bribed Hypnos in order to make Zeus fall asleep, so that she could have it...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Perseus as he frees Andromeda
- Aries as the male tendency to fight for a cause, perhaps rarely realizing the cause may just as well be an effort to liberate something within as trying to fight for a worldly prize. The picture shows Perseus as he frees Andromeda from the cliff which she is...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- The Book of the Law, Liber 220, Part I
- I;1. Had! The manifestation of Nuit. I;2. The unveiling of the company of heaven. I;3. Every man and every woman is a star. I;4. Every number is infinite; there is no difference. I;5. Help me, o warrior lord of Thebes, in my unveiling before...
Thelema >> The Book of the Law
- Planet: Mercury Signs: Gemini and Virgo Day: Wednesday The quickest planet of our solar system is represented by the silvery and liquid metal mercury, also known as quick-silver. Drops of Mercury react on any outside influence (like heat and cold: the...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
Winged is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Winged books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- WINGED SUMAC
- National Plant Data Center <http://npdc.usda.gov>.
- White-winged Scoter (Melanitta fusca)
- Sea Duck Information Series. White-winged Scoter (Melanitta fusca). French: Macreuse brune.
- Golden-winged Warbler
- DESCRIPTION: The Golden-winged Warbler is a beautiful bird, about 11 cm (4.5 in.) in length, with a distinctive combination of colors and patterns.
- Winged Euonymus or Invasive Plant Information Sheet Burning Bush
- Description: Winged Euonymus is a deciduous shrub that averages 6 to 9 feet in are the prominently corky-winged green and brown twigs.
Suggested News Resources
- Ecologist concerned by decline in gulls around Georgia Basin
- By Carla Wilson, Times Colonist August 28, 2011 2:14 Smaller and fewer eggs are being laid by glaucous-winged gulls as their population declines in the Georgia Basin, a seabird ecologist has noted. "They are part of our coastal heritage.
- New On-Set Picture From 'The Avengers' Shows Gold Winged Vessel
- A gold-painted prop with strange design which is rumored to be either alien or Thor vessel is spotted in the middle of a destroyed street. A new picture taken from the Cleveland set of "The Avengers" has arrived online.
- Winged Messenger: Tragedy Reminds Us to Take a Stand
- the death of a rising radford freshman that reminds us to "take a stand" against bullying. - Keri Musick Has a tragic accident happened in your community that affected the people around you and the schools?
- Only a paper moon, but a legendary hoax
- By JOHN KASS Of all the hoaxes in American history, my favorite involves the first “scientific” proof of life on the moon: The winged humanoids called Vespertilio-homo, or man-bat, written 176 years ago this week in the New York Sun.
- Birds feel urge to go south
- Grackles and red-winged blackbirds are collecting, robins are on the move and some birds like nighthawks and swifts have already left. Ray Holland saw a flock of 54 nighthawks winging away over Pakenham on Aug.
Suggested Web Resources
- Winged - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- a (1) : having wings <winged seeds> (2) : having wings of a specified kind — used in combination <strong-winged> b : using wings in flight. 2.
- winged - definition of winged by the Free Online Dictionary
- b. Having wings of a specified kind. Often used in combination: broken-winged; large-winged.
- Winged Sandals
- The Winged Sandals explores the magical world of Classical Greek mythology, a place filled with awesome gods, daring heroes and fabulous monsters.