A selection of articles related to winter.
Original articles from our library related to the Winter. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Winter.
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Imbolc - Midwinter
- ABOUT IMBOLC | RITUAL | FOODS ABOUT IMBOLC Imbolg/Imbolc is pronounced EM-Bowl-ig or ic, it also known as Midwinter, Candlemass, Oimelc, Lupercus, Lupecal, Disting, Brigatia (Brigid's Day), Lady Day and Groundhog Day. Imbolg translates, according to McCoy, to...
Holidays >> Imbolg
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 5
- WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME A foot and light-hearted I take to the open road, Healthy, free, and the world before me, The long brown path before me leading Wherever I choose. Henceforth I ask not for good fortune, I myself am good fortune, Henceforth I...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Mabon / The Autumnal Equinox
- Mabon is a Sabbat of celebration for the abundance of the harvest; a time meant for us to give thanks through song, dance and feasts. This is a time of balance, when day and night are equal once again; a time of meditation and introspection; a time to slow...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
Winter is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Winter books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Winter Storm Safety Checklist - American Red Cross
- Know the Difference. Winter Storm Outlook. Winter storm conditions are possible in the next 2 to 5 days.
- DARK WINTER
- FINAL SCRIPT – DARK WINTER EXERCISE. DARK WINTER Has been especially severe winter and heating oil prices, especially in the. Northeast are high.
- SAFE WINTER DRIVING
- transportation accidents. Preparing your vehicle for the winter season and knowing how to react if stranded or lost on the road are the keys to safe winter driving.
- Winter Storm Preparedness Guide - State of Illinois
- Winter Storms. Illinois normally experiences five severe winter storms each year. 16 severe winter storms, five of which impacted one third or more of the State.
Suggested News Resources
- Big move for Jackson firm
- Longtime Jackson law firm Watkins Ludlam Winter & Stennis is going the way of Jitney Jungle, its name vanishing from the capital city's landscape. The firm, which started in 1905, is merging with the New Orleans firm Jones Walker.
- Angels' Peter Bourjos has sights on winter ball
- It's common for young players to play winter ball, allowing them to refine parts of their game in a competitive atmosphere. Rare, however, is the established, US-born player who gives up part of his off-season.
- Wheat Declines on Speculation Rain May Help U.S. Winter Sowing
- 30 (Bloomberg) -- Wheat futures declined for a second day in Chicago on speculation rain forecast for parts of the US may add to soil moisture needed to plant the winter crop. Rice climbed to the highest level since October 2008.
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium to host ''Dolphin Tale' movie screening
- Families will be selected based on need and their connection to Winter and her story of survival. Each chosen family will receive four free tickets valued at $200.
- What winter? Warm dry days give way to spring
- As the last day of the season draws to a close, the Bureau of Meteorology said the state was on track to post the second-warmest average maximum winter temperatures since records began.
Suggested Web Resources
- Winter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Winter is the coldest season of the year in temperate climates, between autumn and spring.
- There, 680 inches of snow falls on average each winter. But Mount Baker in northwestern Washington holds the record for the most snowfall in one season.
- Winter Park Resort - Official Ski Resort Website - Winter Park
- Winter Park Resort Official Site - one of the largest ski resorts in Colorado, ideal for snowboarding and skiing vacations for all levels.
- Winter Wallpapers and Backgrounds - Desktop Nexus Nature
- Free Winter wallpaper and other Nature desktop backgrounds. Get free computer wallpapers of Winter.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.