A selection of articles related to winter.
Original articles from our library related to the Winter. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Winter.
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Mabon / The Autumnal Equinox
- Mabon is a Sabbat of celebration for the abundance of the harvest; a time meant for us to give thanks through song, dance and feasts. This is a time of balance, when day and night are equal once again; a time of meditation and introspection; a time to slow...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Imbolc - Midwinter
- ABOUT IMBOLC | RITUAL | FOODS ABOUT IMBOLC Imbolg/Imbolc is pronounced EM-Bowl-ig or ic, it also known as Midwinter, Candlemass, Oimelc, Lupercus, Lupecal, Disting, Brigatia (Brigid's Day), Lady Day and Groundhog Day. Imbolg translates, according to McCoy, to...
Holidays >> Imbolg
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 5
- WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME A foot and light-hearted I take to the open road, Healthy, free, and the world before me, The long brown path before me leading Wherever I choose. Henceforth I ask not for good fortune, I myself am good fortune, Henceforth I...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
Winter is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Winter books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Is Winter Really Over? After Last Year, Many Say Bring On Spring
- Is winter really… over? WBUR meteorologist David Epstein says after a record 110 inches of snowfall in Boston last year, there's been only 25 inches of snow recorded this year — almost 20 inches below average.
- This Was the Warmest Winter on Record
- December 2015 through February 2016 was the warmest winter on record, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced on Tuesday. Looking at temperatures averaged over the lower 48 states, NOAA found the U.S.
- Blues to host Winter Classic; Leafs, Penguins also get outdoor games
- The NHL announced a trio of outdoor games for the 2016-17 season, including the site of the 2017 NHL Winter Classic, that will help the league celebrate its 100th year in 2017.
- Snowscapes Show Wonder of Animals in Winter (Photos)
- Dan Rosen is managing editor of digital programming for the Wildlife Conservation Society. The authors contributed this article to Live Science's Expert Voices: Op-Ed & Insights.
- Washington had 5th wettest winter in Lower 48
- Their data says Washington's winter ranked No. 115 -- as in only six winters have been wetter. That's behind Iowa -- which had its wettest winter on record -- Wisconsin (No.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchessiam tulip
water miscible oil paints
meaning of dreams kissing
tirunelveli tirunelveli district