A selection of articles related to wisdom literature.
Original articles from our library related to the Wisdom Literature. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Wisdom Literature.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part III: The Wisdom Literature
- It may seem that religion in ancient Egypt was mainly concerned with preserving the status of kingship and of a powerful priesthood. However, at all levels of society relationship with a deity through prayers and offerings on a daily basis was of great...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Bibles Do Not Equal Wisdom
- Bibles do not equal wisdom. In other words, all forms of spiritual text no matter how eloquently stated, cannot actually grant wisdom to the reader, merely through the act of reading. Words are only the representations of things, but not the things themselves....
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Ancient Egyptian Wisdom
- FROM THE BOOK OF THE DEAD "Hail to thee, great lord of justice. I have come to you, my lord, that thou may bring me so that I may see your beauty, for I know thou and I know your name, and I know the names of the fourty-two Gods of those who are with...
Religions >> Egyptian
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Wisdom Literature is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Wisdom Literature books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Acquisition of Knowledge in Israelite Wisdom Literature
- Journal article by James Crenshaw from Word and World 7 (1987).
- The Book of Proverbs and Ancient Wisdom Literature
- W. G. Lambert, Babylonian Wisdom Literature, 3d ed.
- Medieval Wisdom Literature and the “Circle of Justice”1 Draft Only
- Collections of these sayings are called “ikma” or “wisdom literature. an agrarian economy.
- Wisdom Literature in Mesopotamia and Israel
- The Social and Intellectual Setting of Babylonian Wisdom Literature .
- Wisdom Literature in Early Ireland
- Insights from Old Testament Studies–particularly the wisdom literature of the.
Suggested News Resources
- The Proverbial folly behind our debt crisis
- But as wisdom literature, it speaks also to the business of life, including politics and economics. Consider Proverbs 13:7: “There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing; and one who makes himself poor, yet has great riches” (NKJV).
- Niche Closed: On the Passing of Samuel Menashe
- Often half-rhymed, they are reminiscent of folklore or ancient wisdom literature. Moreover, niche is exactly where the poet has resided almost through his whole poetic career.
- A learning style that works for all
- Proverbs is considered part of the Wisdom literature in the Bible. Wisdom is the common element in everything that God speaks and everything that he made.
- TANGO Holds Workshop On Human Rights
- Human rights values are rooted in the wisdom literature, traditional values, and religious teachings of almost every culture.
- The Bible Comes Alive with On-line Biblical Hebrew Course
- At the more advanced levels, the course deals with different textual and diachronic perspectives, and delves into a wider range of biblical texts, including poetry, prophecy and wisdom literature.
Suggested Web Resources
- Wisdom literature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Wisdom literature is the genre of literature common in the Ancient Near East.
- The Wisdom Literature of the Bible - Catholic Bible Study
- The Wisdom Literature of the Bible. The Semites were practical rather than speculative thinkers.
- The Message of the Hebrew Wisdom Literature
- The Message of the Hebrew Wisdom Literature. by. Christi Goeser.
- The Character of Wisdom: An Introduction to OT Wisdom Literature
- Jan 19, 2010 A brief outline of the basic characteristics of Old Testament Wisdom literature and its value for the Church today.
- Wisdom Literature: Proverbs | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study
- For one thing, I experienced the difference between “knowledge” and “wisdom.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.