Witch Hunts In History
A selection of articles related to witch hunts in history.
Original articles from our library related to the Witch Hunts In History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Witch Hunts In History.
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Building Shadows: A Witch
- A witch's Book of Shadows. That mysterious Grimoire that holds all the information a witch will ever need, a volume of all the spells ever written, the magic of the ages bound together with paper and ink…. Poppycock. It is not some ancient arcane book that...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
Witch Hunts In History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Witch Hunts In History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Weather, Hunger and Fear: Origins of the European Witch-Hunts in
- 669 ff., 675. Brian P.
- THE GREAT WITCH-HUNT
- The Great Witch-hunt rarely appears in the history of the proletariat or in historical investigation tout court (simply).
- WITCHCRAFT IN EARLY - Faculty of History - University of Oxford
- 'Witchcraft trials in seventeenth-century Russia', American Historical. Review 82 ( 1977).
- The Making of the Female Witch: Reflections on Witchcraft and
- This is not to advocate writing history without archival substan- tiation.
Suggested News Resources
- Protect or Prosecute? Conjuring Up Solutions to Witchcraft Accusations
- Europe and the Catholic Church probably take the price for the nastiest witch-hunts in history, today some of the worst places to be accused of practising black magic are in Africa.
Suggested Web Resources
- A History of Witchcraft Persecutions
- Dozens of condemned witches in the North Berwick area were burned at the stake in what would be the largest witch-hunt in British history.
- Gendercide Watch: European Witch-Hunts
- For three centuries of early modern European history, diverse societies were consumed by a panic over alleged witches in their midst.
- The WITCH HUNTS Main Page
- Oct 31, 2001 Some history materials concerning the Early Modern Witch Hunts.
- Salem Witch Trials Page - History of the 1692 witch trials in Salem
- The Salem Witch Trials Page contains information and court transcripts dealing with the events and persons of this tragedy.
Witch Hunts In History Topics
early ibm disk storage ibm 353
canadian criminal code history
anna akhmatova bibliography