A selection of articles related to word coinage.
Original articles from our library related to the Word Coinage. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Word Coinage.
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land. 4:2 And he taught them many things by...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 13:2 As they...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Tarot Cards Overview
- Tarot is made up of four suites of regular playing cards, each having 14 pieces of cards. What distinguishes a deck of tarot cards from conventional playing cards is a single card called the Fool.
Divination >> Tarot Cards
Word Coinage is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Word Coinage books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The true origin stories of 11 memorable presidential words
- In case you've somehow managed to miss the nearly constant stream of presidential debates and primaries, it's election season. Celebrate this exciting time by taking a look at some presidential words. Some are coinages, others were merely popularized, ...
- How to Listen to Music
- Around the turn of the millennium, people referred to the still-theoretical notion of on-demand digital listening with the appropriately awestruck coinage the celestial jukebox. A decade and a half ...
- Crossword roundup: emigres and emigrants, immigrants and migrants
- recalled one of the many words we no longer seem to use to describe people who have crossed borders: EMIGRES. It's an irresistible anagram, and recalls a passage from Sandy Balfour's wonderful crossword memoir Pretty Girl in Crimson Rose (8), where ...