A selection of articles related to word derivation.
Original articles from our library related to the Word Derivation. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Word Derivation.
- Derivation of "Jesus Christ" and "Jehovah"
- <Xian poster> Jesus Christ, Jehovah, Yahweh, etc. anyway you say it, it means the same. <Ravens response> Actually, no they dont. "Jehovah" is using the German phonetics where J=Y ("jahwohl"="yavoll"), and...
Religions >> Christianity
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land. 4:2 And he taught them many things by...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 13:2 As they...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Living Tradition of Thelema
- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. What Crowley began, others must continue and develop or Thelema will become but a memory in the history of the Western Mystery Tradition. Yes, he was a Prophet and the Ipsissimus that one could say invented...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Word Derivation is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Word Derivation books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ORIGINS OF THE WORD 'MUSHROOM'
- held' derivation. How accurate is it and do any of the alternative etymologies that have been mooted throw chinks of light on the word.
- 8 Word Meaning
- Models of word meaning. Mental dictionaries. INTRODUCTION.
- The Pragmatic Construction of Word Meaning in Utterances
- tackles the relation between word meaning and pragmatics.
- ANATOMICAL WORD ROOTS
- anatomical terms from their classical origins will help to fix their meanings and spelling in mind.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Derivation (linguistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In linguistics, derivation is the process of forming a new word on the basis of an existing word, e.g.
- derivation - definition of derivation by the Free Online Dictionary
- The form or source from which something is derived; an origin. 5. The historical origin and development of a word; an etymology.
- Free word derivation dictionary
- free word derivation dictionary I need a FREE word derivation dictionary on-line, or some free downloadable one. Could you advise me one?
- Etymologically Speaking...
- What follows is list of some curious word origins. Some of these are English, but some are French and German words from which we get some English words.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.