A selection of articles related to word derivation.
Original articles from our library related to the Word Derivation. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Word Derivation.
- Derivation of "Jesus Christ" and "Jehovah"
- <Xian poster> Jesus Christ, Jehovah, Yahweh, etc. anyway you say it, it means the same. <Ravens response> Actually, no they dont. "Jehovah" is using the German phonetics where J=Y ("jahwohl"="yavoll"), and...
Religions >> Christianity
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land. 4:2 And he taught them many things by...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 13:2 As they...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Tarot Cards Overview
- Tarot is made up of four suites of regular playing cards, each having 14 pieces of cards. What distinguishes a deck of tarot cards from conventional playing cards is a single card called the Fool.
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Word Derivation is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Word Derivation books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Nigeria: Issues and Challenges of Governance in Nigeria
- This is a word used commonly in pidgin English to signify "free" money or unearned income which is not the product of a person's labour and therefore can be squandered or spent imprudently. ...
- To boast, perchance to boost; aye, there's the rub
- And there's the rub. For example, we find an Old French look-alike endowed with a compatible meaning. The same word is represented in several Celtic languages.
- Etymology gleanings for February 2016
- “Resulting from a heated discussion on the purported Irish origin of the word hooligan, I offer the alternative.
- Autonomous driverless lorries to hit UK roads
- However, none of the places bother to give the derivation of the word. In the US, truck is simple because it is also a verb, and widely understood. However, I have always wondered where "lorry" comes from.
- Don't sweat it: Impact of global turmoil on investment markets has always been
- If you're a military person, or just a word derivation aficionado, you may also know that SNAFU is actually an acronym whose origins trace back to the ranks of our service men and women.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Word Derivation Topics
Related searchesinertia mass as a measure of inertia
viktor vasilevish sveshchnikov
tzimisce the cathedral of flesh