A selection of articles related to word histories.
Original articles from our library related to the Word Histories. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Word Histories.
- Miscellaneous Astral Case Histories
- Waking Paralysis Related Case Histories: #1: Ms. E: Ms. E. I had another spontaneous, unwanted, OBE a few days ago. I was sitting in for a Maths lecture to take a nap (I don't take Mathematics) and was feeling very cold, rather hungry and miserable as I...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land. 4:2 And he taught them many things by...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 13:2 As they...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Tarot Cards Overview
- Tarot is made up of four suites of regular playing cards, each having 14 pieces of cards. What distinguishes a deck of tarot cards from conventional playing cards is a single card called the Fool.
Divination >> Tarot Cards
Word Histories is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Word Histories books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- WORLD HISTORY TEXTBOOKS
- This world history review examines standard textbooks used between the sixth and twelfth grades world history textbooks abandon narrative and complexity.
- English Words: History and Structure
- English words: history and structure / by Robert P. Stockwell and Donka Minkova. p.
- Word history of spices and condiments
- Word history of spices and condiments by. Yumiko Matsuya. Linguistics 442.
- BRIDGING WORLD HISTORY Early Empires
- BRIDGING WORLD HISTORY. EPISODE: #11. Early Empires.
- HISTORY OF PHOTOGRAMMETRY EARLY DEVELOPMENTS1
- Aug 24, 2008 into history even earlier. In 1480,. Leonardo da Vinci prior to World War I.
Suggested News Resources
- Barry Wood: Why words that end in '-cracy' rule
- Its original meanings, says The Oxford Dictionary of Word Histories, were “the making of a decision by random selection” and “a portion assigned to someone.
Suggested Web Resources
- Etymology (Word Origins) > Interesting word histories
- Below is an alphabetically-arranged list of interesting English words, complete with a description of their origins (their etymologies).
- Exploratorium Magazine: Language: Word Histories
- You can use an ordinary dictionary to find extraordinary histories of words.
- The Merriam-Webster new book of word histories - Google Books
- A gold mine of fascinating word histories!
Word Histories Topics
Related searchesthe scientific phenomenalist
carl rogers quotes
federation organs of government
seated side twist
kutch language and people
gospel of matthew authorship