A selection of articles related to word histories.
Original articles from our library related to the Word Histories. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Word Histories.
- Miscellaneous Astral Case Histories
- Waking Paralysis Related Case Histories: #1: Ms. E: Ms. E. I had another spontaneous, unwanted, OBE a few days ago. I was sitting in for a Maths lecture to take a nap (I don't take Mathematics) and was feeling very cold, rather hungry and miserable as I...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land. 4:2 And he taught them many things by...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 13:2 As they...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Word Histories is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Word Histories books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Buoyant SNP faces down the economic apocalypse
- In the media, there was a contest among splash headline writers to deploy the most apocalyptic word with which to greet the GERS figures. Some economic snake oil salesmen actually make money selling street corner analyses of the figures to the foaming ...
- A Century Later, Slaughter Still Haunts Turkey and Armenia
- This word is freighted with alternative meanings, with shadings, with controversy. ...
- Weekender: Tezuka Prize Nominees, 'Goldie Vance' and Shamsia Hassani
- John Siuntres' Word Balloon show was one of the first and best-known podcasts to discuss comics, with the host speaking to most of the best-known voices in comics over the years.
- Relishing Cajun Country's Rustic Cuisine
- In France, the word "boudin" can denote many types of pork sausage; the Acadian masterpiece likely derives from rural hog killings, when the rice readily on hand was blended with pork scraps. These days, steamed Cajun boudin is ...
Word Histories Topics
Related searchesuss oregon bb-3 moorage in portland
choosing a wiccan name
geography of india natural disasters