A selection of articles related to word.
Original articles from our library related to the Word. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Word.
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land. 4:2 And he taught them many things by...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 13:2 As they...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Tarot Cards Overview
- Tarot is made up of four suites of regular playing cards, each having 14 pieces of cards. What distinguishes a deck of tarot cards from conventional playing cards is a single card called the Fool.
Divination >> Tarot Cards
Word is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Word books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- A Certain Word Is Really Getting on My Nerves
- “Super” (from the same word in Latin, meaning above, over or beyond) has been around as an adjective and noun since the mid-19th century and as a prefix long before that. Shakespeare even got into the compound mix, noted Patricia T. O'Conner, ...
- Kalamazoo shooting victim, 14, utters first word since Uber driver's rampage
- The 14-year-old girl who was left with severe brain damage amid the Kalamazoo shooting spree has spoken her first word since the attack — “pig.
- Word game: March 12, 2016
- FOR RELEASE: Saturday, March 12, 2016 TODAY'S WORD -- ASSEMBLY (ASSEMBLY: uh-SEM-blee: A group gathered for a common reason.) Average mark 32 words Time limit 45 minutes Can you find 48 or more words in ASSEMBLY? The list will be ...
- Atlanta airport eases off the 'b' word in tagline
- ADVANCE FOR WEEKEND EDITIONS - In this Tuesday, March 8, 2016 photo, Kelly and Kenny Dahl, of Buckhead, Ga., hold a white board in which they wrote words they thought of when they thought of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport at domestic ...
- Capitol Hill Community Post | Neighborhood entrepreneur creates 'Swear Word
- sp-sample-censored John T is a creative and entrepreneur based on Capitol Hill in Seattle. He has lived on the Hill for more than 3 years. He has a background in graphic design and art direction.