A selection of articles related to wound.
Original articles from our library related to the Wound. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Wound.
- Chiron, Teacher of Achilles
- I chose to look at Chiron as the teacher of Achilles rather than the more usual naming of him as the wounded healer, which in later times has been used frequently by astrologers, post-Jungians and other therapists. Why? Not because I think the aspect of...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard,...
New Testament >> Revelation
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- This month's rune, Kenaz, is the sixth rune of the first aett of the Elder Futhark. Thus, we are now one-quarter of the way through our journey into the runes! The phonetic value of Kenaz is the hard "k" sound. One basic meaning of "Kenaz"...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them. 21:2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. 21:3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 5:2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it, at the apostles' feet. 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why...
New Testament >> The Acts
Wound is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Wound books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Prevention and management of wound infection Core Principles
- Open injuries have a potential for serious bacterial wound infections, including gas gangrene injuries is important to reduce the likelihood of wound infections.
- 1. Basic Human Pathology Lecture #5 Acute Inflammation / Wound
- Tufts OpenCourseWare. © 2008 Tufts University. Acute Inflammation/Wound Healing and Repair I.
- Invisible Wounds
- more to learn, our understanding of war's invisible wounds has dramatically become the signature wound of the Iraq War.
- BATES-JENSEN WOUND STATUS TOOL
- Fill out the attached rating sheet to assess a wound's status after reading the definitions Evaluate once a week and whenever a change occurs in the wound .
Suggested News Resources
- Sea lion rescued from Santa Cruz dies from gunshot wounds
- By Jessica M. Pasko firstname.lastname@example.org SAUSALITO -- King Neptune, the sea lion rescued last week from the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf with a gunshot wound, has died.
- Officer wounds suspect after bank heist; one man still at large
- The wounded man was taken to Kent General Hospital for treatment of a non-life threatening gunshot wound. His condition was not available late Friday. His identity had not been released pending charges.
- Rescued Santa Cruz sea lion recovering from gunshot wound
- By Bay City News Service Marine Mammal Center/Contributed photo King Neptune, a 320-pound sea lion, is being treated for a gunshot wound at the Marine Mammal Center after he was rescued from the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf last week.
- Chesterfield Boy Suffers Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound
- Chesterfield Township police said Sunday the boy accidentally shot himself in the leg Saturday night. By Christy Arboscello Chesterfield Township police Det.
- Police wound suspect after chase
- A man who led police on a three-mile chase that ended on the Near West Side early this morning was shot and wounded in the elbow by an officer after he picked up a gun on the front seat of his car, officials said.
Suggested Web Resources
- Wound | Define Wound at Dictionary.com
- /wund; Older Use and Literary waʊnd/ Show Spelled[woond; Older Use and Literary wound] Show IPA. noun. 1.
- wound up - definition of wound up by the Free Online Dictionary
- Adj. 1. wound up - brought to a state of great tension; "all wound up for a fight".
- Wound Care
- A wound is a break in the skin (the outer layer of skin is called the epidermis). Wounds are usually caused by cuts or scrapes. Different kinds of wounds may ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.