A selection of articles related to writers.
Original articles from our library related to the Writers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Writers.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- What is a Druid?
- According to the New Age Dictionary a Druid is defined as "a member of Celtic priests, poets, healers, and judges in pre-Christian Britain, Ireland, and France." Too the best of our knowledge that is what the Druids were, which implies that they...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Galicia, Spain
- The Celts in Galicia, Spain [ 26 ] Galicia is a region located in the northwest corner of Spain, just above Portugal; Galicia is comprised of the following Spanish provinces: La Coruna, Lugo, Grense, and Ponteverde. In all, over 2.8 million people live in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Writers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Writers books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Review: In 'The Violet Hour,' Great Writers Facing the Inevitable
- “I have news for you,” Sendak replied. “I am gonna croak.” This unblinking, unblinkered response was both typical and atypical of Sendak's attitude toward his mortality, as Katie Roiphe perceptively shows in “The Violet Hour: Great Writers at the End.
- Male Writers React To Awful Comments Left On Female Colleagues' Work
- Elite Daily took time yesterday to illustrate the latter by having their male writers read the virulent remarks and personal attacks left in the comment sections of their female colleagues' articles.
- 'Parade,' Theresa Rebeck, PigPen Theatre in Writers' 25th season
- Writers Theatre has announced its 25th anniversary season, the company's first in its new world-class home in Glencoe designed by Jeanne Gang. The six-show slate begins in the 250-seat Nichols Theatre with an adaptation of "Julius Caesar" (Sept. 7 - Oct.
- Ulysses, a must-have tool for writers, is now on iPhone
- Ulysses Mobile ($19.99) by The Soulmen GbR has finally been updated to bring the desktop-class writing experience to your iPhone. Previously, Ulysses was only available on the Mac, then it came onto the iPad.
- 92Y Debuts Young Writers Workshop
- The three-week intensive program will help young writers develop their craft in fiction, poetry and creative nonfiction. The series will also feature several lunch-time discussions with authors about how to make a writing career in New York.
Related searchesegyptian hieroglyph script
emperor bharata the bharata race
panthera hybrid leopon
jenolan caves tourism
the mexican spitfires