- Listen to 1916 Oral History: Liam Cosgrave on his father WT Cosgrave during
- Following the surrender, William T. Cosgrave and his brother Philip were court-martialled and sentenced to death. Their sentences were later commuted.
- A world turned upside down during years of turbulence
- His seminal work is The Resurrection of Ireland: The Sinn Fein Party 1916-1923. More recently he has written an authoritative account of the life of W.T.
- Parties must look to history for a lesson on government
- As a result the no confidence motion in WT Cosgrave's government ended in a tie, and the Speaker rescued the government by opposing the motion. The fifth Dáil then adjourned for the summer recess, and never met again. It was the shortest Dáil in history.
- Democracy 2.0: Five steps to give power back to the people
- The article, which mirrored provisions in a number of European democracies, was repealed in 1928, when Éamon de Valera tried to use it to challenge WT Cosgrave's Free State government. For Mulcahy the need for article 48 was highlighted by the bank ...
- Political heirs to the rebellion
- For decades, to have been "out" in 1916 almost seemed a pre-requisite for high office. Presidents Seán T O'Kelly (GPO) and Éamon de Valera (Boland's Mill) saw action, as did taoisigh WT Cosgrave (South Dublin Union), de Valera and Seán Lemass (GPO).
Wt Cosgrave is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Wt Cosgrave books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Wt Cosgrave Topics
Related searchesbedouin changing ways of life
penicillin adverse effects
mu online character classes
crossroads soap opera trivia
woodworking topics in woodworking
dream dictionary lesbian