- WHO IS THAT OTHER? A Zen Reflection That Starts With a Christian Text
- Case forty-five in the Twelfth century Chinese anthology, the Wumenguan, the Gateless Gate. It's as simple as pie, and as complicated. Wuzu tells the assembly that the Buddha and the Buddha to come both are servants to another.
- A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM: A Brief Meditation on “Yangshan's Sermon From the
- That raised to mind a case from the Wumenguan, the great twelfth century anthology of koan, the Gateless Gate. Number twenty-five, “Yangshan's Sermon from the Third Seat.” It's brief, and goes like this.
- A Meditation on Zen, Politics and the Vagaries of Love
- I think as we turn to the so-called Fox koan, the second case of the Wumenguan, we get a sense of what might be a more healthful and helpful understanding of what's what and how we as individuals and communities might act in this world where every ...
- Four myths about Zen Buddhism's “Mu Koan”
- The standpoint they endorse focuses exclusively on appropriating the best-known version of the case from the Gateless Gate (Chn. Wumenguan, Jpn. Mumonkan) kōan collection of 1229.
- A Tale of a Tail: Encountering the Ox as it Passes Through the Window & With
- One of the great collections of koans is an anthology of forty-eight cases gathered in Twelfth century China by the master Wumen Huikai, published as the Wumenguan, the Gateless Gate, or the Gateless Barrier. I dream these koans.
Wumenguan is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Wumenguan books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesvan de graaf canon
electone history of the electone
timbuktu university of sankore
fullerton california great resturants
church of england financial situation