Xavier Mertz Antarctic Expedition
A selection of articles related to xavier mertz antarctic expedition.
Original articles from our library related to the Xavier Mertz Antarctic Expedition. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Xavier Mertz Antarctic Expedition.
- Can anyone be hypnotized or only certain people? The search for the 'hypnotizability trait.'
- 4.1. Hypnotizability Using standardized induction scripts and classical induction techniques, somepeople are found to be markedly more hypnotizable than others. Aside from a requisite minimum intelligence for language and capacity to followinstructions, there...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- (care, thought). Welsh. The son of Pwyll, whom he succeeds in his lands. He is stolen away as a newborn infant by a nameless Fiend who, on a horse-thieving expedition, drops him once more into the world when it is struck a blow by the guardian of the horses....
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Xavier Mertz Antarctic Expedition is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Xavier Mertz Antarctic Expedition books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Swiss Alps to Antarctic Glaciers – a Swiss-Australian Story
- The Journals of Dr Xavier Mertz. Mawson's Australasian Antarctic. Expedition 1911-1914.
- Dogs, Meat and Douglas Mawson - ANU Press
- During the Australasian Antarctic Expedition, dogs and men were thrown into several different ... handlers Ninnis and Xavier Mertz. Its main events are well ...
- Explore the story of a young Australian Antarctic adventurer and
- May 25, 2011 Australia and Antarctica were the last continents to be ... Several expeditions set out in the early 1900s to study ... Ninnis and Xavier Mertz.
- Mawson - Life and Death in Antarctica Press-kit - National Film and
- The Douglas Mawson Antarctic Expedition of 1912 is one .... While Mawson and his surviving colleague, Xavier Mertz, made a desperate run for the home base, ...
- Australian Antarctic Division
- Antarctic expeditioners – strength of leadership, commitment to ... But the Australasian Antarctic Expedition wasn't ... We remember today Dr Xavier Mertz and.
Suggested News Resources
- Henry Worsley: The explorer's tragic final quest in footsteps of Sir Ernest
- Xavier Mertz (1882-1913) Swiss explorer joined Douglas Mawson's Australian Antarctic expedition which lost its food and sledges when third-man Belgrave Ninnis fell down a crevasse. It was alleged Mawson starved Mertz to death so he could eat him.
- Continent of ice and tragedy
- The Scott expedition camps on the Beardmore Glacier on Dec. 20, 1911. Robert Falcon Scott reached ...
- Wild time in home of blizzards
- More than a century after it was built to house the 19 men of Australia's first Antarctic expedition for a single winter, the hut has somehow defied the conditions in the place known as “the home of the blizzard''.
- Mawson's Huts expedition: David Killick blog chapter three
- This is more than a job for all of us, we are all great enthusiasts for the project and the history of the expedition.
Suggested Web Resources
- Xavier Mertz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Antarctic. Mertz exploring the ice ravines near the expedition's main base at Cape Denison. Further information: Australasian ...
- Douglas Mawson's Antarctic Journey - Smithsonian
- Jan 27, 2012 Ninnis's close friend Xavier Mertz, was a 28-year-old Swiss lawyer whose ... A member of the Australasian Antarctic Expedition leans into a 100 ...
- Xavier Mertz | Adventure Network International
- Xavier Mertz was a Swiss explorer from Basel. He took part in the Far Eastern Party, a 1912–13 sledging journey of the Australasian Antarctic Expedition (AAE), ...
- Dr. Xavier Mertz - Biographical notes - Cool Antarctica
- Xavier Mertz and his role in Douglas Mawson's Australian Antarctic Expedition on the Aurora, 1911-1914.
- Mawson's Antarctic Trek: The Greatest Survival Story - Pictures
- But then Mertz, who had been scouting ahead on skis all morning, stopped and turned ... Douglas Mawson was the leader of the Australasian Antarctic Expedition ... Swiss ski champion Xavier Mertz and 25-year-old Belgrave Ninnis, an eager, ...