Xingyiquan The Five Elements
A selection of articles related to xingyiquan the five elements.
Original articles from our library related to the Xingyiquan The Five Elements. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Xingyiquan The Five Elements.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Xingyiquan The Five Elements is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Xingyiquan The Five Elements books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Li Guichang
- Then he studied Xingyi Quan and Shaolin Five Elements Soft Art with the famous Xinyi master Dong Xiusheng. He trained in Xingyi Quan until he was peerless.
- FIVE ELEMENT SPEAR
- FIVE ELEMENT SPEAR. INTRODUCTION TO SPEAR. The style of xingyi is famous for its spear, bagua for its sabre, taiji for its sword, and shaolin for its staff.
- FOUNDATIONS OF TAOIST PRACTICE by Jampa Mackenzie Stewart
- Similarly, Xingyiquan (Hsing-I Ch'uan) is based on the Five Elements, while Baguachang. (Pa-Kua Chang) is a study of the eight trigrams in movement.
- Wang Xiangzhai: People often say that 'Xingyi', 'Taiji', 'Bagua' and 'Tongbei' are elements, there were just the five elements representing five kinds of forces.
Suggested Web Resources
- Xingyiquan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Xingyiquan uses the five classical Chinese elements to metaphorically represent five different states of combat.
- Wu Xing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Xingyiquan. Main article: Xingyiquan.
- Xing Yi Quan ( Hsing-I, 河北形意拳) 5 Elements and Linking form
- Jan 12, 2007 Five Element Fist, which is the most important exercise in this style, "5 elements " name is given by Taichi schools who practice xingyiquan.
- Smashwords - Di Guoyong on Xingyiquan, the five elements - A
- Jun 13, 2010 Description of the kungfu style of Beijing xingyi, by Di Guoyong. A great deal of detail on the five element basic techniques.
- The Five Elements of Xingyiquan
- Xingyiquan practitioners use the Five Elements as an interpretative framework for reacting and responding to attacks.