- A Tryst With Yakshini
- It was a slow moving December morning and as a reward for an aimless stroll, I was at a lonely granite temple on a rocky outcrop overlooking green waters of a pond buzzing with cackling ducks. In Khajuraho, the usual crowd of bewildered onlookers was ...
- 3 Indian Temples That Are Sculptural Marvels
- Portly yakshas and beautiful yakshinis, maithunas or coupling figures, dwarapalas or gatekeepers, vrikshshakhas or tree goddesses, 16 human emotions depicted as women, apsaras, ceremonial arches with alligators and elephants. The lower panels show ...
- Sunderbans habitation dates to 3BC
- You will be amazed at the different kinds of hair-do women would indulge in at that time as is evident from the figurines of yakshinis.
- Fatehpur Sikri: A Jain Pilgrimage Centre
- The statues were a thousand years old of Bhagwan Adi Nath, Bhagwan Rishabh Nath, Bhagwan Mahavir and Jain Yakshinis," said Swarup Chandra Jain, senior leader of the Jain community. The Jains comprise about 0.4 percent of India's population of 1.
Yakshinis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yakshinis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesarn anderson quotes
arrival the prisoner main storyline
crater constellation mythology
bacitracin mechanism of action
pete doherty biography
icao airport code prefixes