A selection of articles related to yama niyama.
Original articles from our library related to the Yama Niyama. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yama Niyama.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Yama Niyama is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yama Niyama books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Yama and Niyama - The Journal of Yoga
- JOY: The Journal of Yoga. Winter 2006, Volume 5, Number 1. Foundations of Yoga, Part 1: Yama and Niyama.
- yama and niyama
- yama and niyama yama "Restraints.
- A SHORT MEDITATION ON SATYA, AHIMSA, SVADHYAYA
- society at large, in such other-directed, outwardly focussed applications of yama/ niyama. But when seen as self-directed, or inwardly focussed, (i.e.
- THERAPEUTIC POTENTIAL OF PRANAYAMA
- Yama-Niyama and Asana and says that one must practice the Yama-Niyama and try to master Asana in order to be able to practice Pranayama.
Suggested News Resources
- Asanas do not make a yogi
- The eight limbs work together: The first five steps - yama, niyama, asana, pranayama and pratyahara - are the preliminaries of yoga and they build the foundation for spiritual life with body and brain.
- Is Yoga Science or Religion Part V?
- It is interesting to analyse the whole format of compilation of his entire aphorisms; Patanjali do not start his “Ashtanga Yoga” until Chapter 2:29 – “yama niyama asana pranayama pratyahara dharana dhyana samadhi ashtau angani”.
Suggested Web Resources
- Yama and Niyama
- Yama and Niyama are the ethical precepts set forth in Patanjali's Yoga Sutras as the first and second of the eight limbs of yoga.
- Yama Niyama First Part of the Eightfold Path of Patanjali
- Yama & niyama the first part of the eigthfold path of Patanjali. Covers non- violence, greed, continence, stealing.
- Yama Niyama - The Real Foundation of Yoga Ethics
- Yama Niyama is the most overlooked aspect of yoga. Of course, who wants to bother with stodgy old morality ethics and rules of conduct?
- ATMA JYOTI ASHRAM - Foundations of Yoga
- Yama and Niyama are often called "the Ten Commandments of Yoga.