A selection of articles related to yamuna river.
Original articles from our library related to the Yamuna River. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yamuna River.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Yamuna River is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yamuna River books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Current condition of the Yamuna River - an overview of flow
- the Ganga basin, the Yamuna River and its catchment together contribute to a total of River Yamuna (Figure 1) is the largest tributary of the River Ganga.
- River of Love in an Age of Pollution: The Yamuna River of Northern
- India's Yamuna river is a significant addition to the field of religious environmentalism.
- RIVER YAMUNA IN DELHI- POLLUTION & ITS CONTROL
- Catchment Area of River Yamuna. Name of. State River Yamuna enters Delhi from.
Suggested News Resources
- Haryana: water level in Hathnikund barrage of Yamuna River rises
- In Haryana, the water level at Hathnikund barrage in Yamuna river has risen due to heavy rain in the catchment area and continous downpour in theYamunanagar district.
- Yamuna above danger mark in Agra
- The Yamuna river here in Uttar Pradesh crossed the danger mark early Sunday, officials said. "We are fully prepared and are closely monitoring the situation," said municipal commissioner of Agra PN Dube.
- Renuka dam construction yet to begin: Dhumal
- According to initial estimates, Rs 3600 crore will be spent on the project to be constructed by the Himachal Pradesh Power Corporation Limited, a public sector undertaking, on a tributary of the Yamuna river in Sirmaur district.
- Yamuna recedes but stays above danger mark
- The Yamuna river Friday continued to flow above the danger mark at Delhi, though the inflow of water from Haryana and the level of the river were receding, a Delhi flood department official said.
- Ganga, Yamuna water rising again
- Similarly, at Naini the level of Yamuna river was recorded 80.180 meters here on Tuesday, a rise of 24 cm in the water level in the past 24 hours. District Officials said that they have been maintaining a close watch on the prevailing scenario.
Suggested Web Resources
- Yamuna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- For the goddess deity of the river who is sometimes called Yamuna, see Yami. .
- Yamuna River (river, India) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- Yamuna River (river, India), major river of northern India, primarily in Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh states.
- Bathing in River Yamuna - YouTube
- Aug 16, 2008 Bathing in a river is a fun. During the 'Educational Tour Sri Paunta Sahib' organized by AmritWorld.
- Yamuna River, Mythological History of Yamuna River, Origin of
- Yamuna River: Famous India details about the famous river of India - Yamuna, its history, origination, myths and religious significance.
- The 15 most toxic places to live | MNN - Mother Nature Network
- Yamuna River, IndiaThe Yamuna is the largest tributary of the Ganges River.
Yamuna River Topics
Related searchesiso country code
lin sue cooney
coburg germany history
javanese language politeness
springfield the simpsons pollution