A selection of articles related to yawning.
Original articles from our library related to the Yawning. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yawning.
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Sneezing: A Symptom or A Symbol?
- "One sneeze, a wish Two sneezes, a kiss Three sneezes, a disappointment Four sneezes, a letter" As my household has spent the past two weeks fighting the fall version of the pit plague crud, in between the God Bless You's and doses of cough medicine,...
Mystic Sciences >> Symbology
Yawning is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yawning books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A thermal window for yawning in humans: Yawning as a brain ...
- Highlights. •. The thermoregulatory theory of yawning posits that yawns function in brain cooling.
- Yawning: its cycles, its roles - baillement.com
- Therefore, yawning is not just a matter of ope- ning one's mouth, but a generalised stretching of muscles, those of the respiratory tract (diaphragm, intercostal),.
- Why Do We Yawn? Past and Current Hypotheses - baillement.com
- the generation and usefulness of yawning are discussed. Introduction. Cognition, emotion, behavior and memory are all brain functions.
- Yawning: The yawn is primal, unstoppable and contagious ... - JStor
- Yawning. The yawn is primal, unstoppable and contagious, revealing the evolutionary and neural basis of empathy and unconscious behavior. Robert R.
- Why do we yawn?
- a r t i c l e i n f o. Article history: Received 18 January 2010. Received in revised form 30 March 2010.
Suggested News Resources
- What It Means When Your Dog Keeps Yawning
- Of course, it is also important to note that sometimes a yawn is just a yawn. As Dr. Travis points out in the video above, sometimes your dog will yawn while you are on the couch in a calm environment.
- Pokkiri Raja: An ineffective comedy that leaves you yawning
- Genre: Action Comedy. Director: Ramprakash Rayappa. Cast: Jiiva, Sibiraj, Hansika Motwani.
- 4 amazing health benefits of yawning that will surprise you!
- Yawning is commonly seen as a sign of lethargy, boredom and fatigue and is frowned upon in most social settings despite its contagious nature. However, did it ever cross your mind that yawning could actually benefit your health in some ways?
- 5 surprising facts about yawning
- When do we start yawning? Younger than you might think! Research has shown that 11-week-old fetuses yawn as part of brain development.
- Amazing 4D Ultrasound Scans Show Unborn Babies Yawning and Picking Their Noses
- With continued progresses in technology, this continues to be proven true – sometimes in amusing ways. With the growing use of 4D ultrasounds, more expecting mothers are watching their unborn babies yawn, wave and even pick their noses in the womb.
Suggested Web Resources
- Yawn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A yawn is a reflex consisting of the simultaneous inhalation of air and the stretching of the eardrums, followed by an exhalation of breath. Yawning ( oscitation) ...
- What makes us yawn? | HowStuffWorks
- Next time you're in a meeting, try this little experiment: Take a big yawn, cover your mouth out of courtesy and watch to see how many people follow suit. There's ...
- 6 Things You Probably Don't Know About Yawning - Huffington Post
- Dec 19, 2015 We all do it, and we all know it has at least something to do with how tired we feel . But unlike sleep apnea or laptops in the bedroom, yawning is ...
- Yawning - excessive: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
- Yawning involves opening the mouth involuntarily while taking a long, deep breath of air. This is most often done when you are tired or sleepy. Excessive ...
- The Surprising Science of Yawning - The New Yorker
- Apr 14, 2014 Yawning may be the opposite of what we think—not a signal of sleepiness but a signal that it's time to act.
Related searchesdream symbol aboriginal spirituality
cabbage patch kids
johannes brahms influences on brahms
due diligence criminal law