A selection of articles related to yew bows.
Original articles from our library related to the Yew Bows. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yew Bows.
- It's been less than two weeks since I wrote the article for Jera; so it looks like I'm back on track. This Rune is both fascinating and multifaceted! Both the Sheils and Edred Thorsson identify Eihwaz with Yggdrasil, the Norse World Tree or Cosmic Axis. The...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Arcane Ruminations
- Special Plates Notice how each particle moves. Notice how everyone has just arrived here from a journey. Notice how each wants a different food. Notice how the stars vanish as the sun comes up, and how all streams stream toward the ocean. Look at the chefs...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Goddess
- Although often depicted as a woman, she is none, and she is all of them. "I am every woman!" And every woman is the Goddess. She is the mystery of the life-giving and life-taking rhythm of nature, the great void and well of endless possibilities....
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Raidho, the "r-rune", is the fifth rune of the first aett of the Elder Futhark. The Old English Rune Poem, Old Norse Rune Rhyme and Old Icelandic Rune Poem all refer to horses in their verses on Raidho. Horses are how people got around back then,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Yew Bows is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yew Bows books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- English Longbow Testing - the Current Middle Ages
- All the bow are also self bows, which means that they were made from a single stave of wood. ... The Bow used was a 75 lb @ 28” Oregon yew self longbow.
- Longbow Origins - The Worshipful Company of Bowyers
- Nov 19, 2014 described in detail the bows that the South Welsh used. They were made of wych elm (not yew or horn). They were not very large, they were ...
- Beam theory modelling of the performance of medieval yew longbows
- Beam theory modelling of the performance of medieval yew longbows. Kristofer Gamstedt1, Ingela Bjurhager1, Lars Berglund1, Daniel Keunecke2 and Peter ...
- A Neolithic yew bow in the Polish Carpathians - Beskid Wyspowy
- A Neolithic yew bow in the Polish Carpathians. Evidence of the impact of human activity on mountainous palaeoenvironment from the Kamiennik landslide peat ...
- Types of bows Types of arrows and fletchings
- bows consist of a string attached to elastic limbs that store mechanical energy ... Hence, a cross-section of a yew longbow shows the narrow, light-coloured sap-.
Suggested News Resources
- The enduring ideas of Lee Kuan Yew
- March 23 will mark the first anniversary of the passing of Mr Lee Kuan Yew. On that day, the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy will be organising a forum, The Enduring Ideas of Lee Kuan Yew. The provost ...
- 'Downton Abbey' Series Finale Recap
- –Daisy moves in with Mr. Mason at Yew Tree Farm – new Clara Bow bobbed hairdo and all. Her father-in-law's overtures of love toward Mrs.
- Ethiopia: The T-TPLF's War on Ethiopian Taxi Drivers
- By “potential political power” I mean the same kind of potential energy (power) that is stored in a bow which is activated only when pulled to release an arrow hundreds of feet away to a target. The T-TPLF knows the potential ....
- Windsor Chairs
- In hoop-back chairs the uprights are anchored by a bent arch of wood which is jointed into the seat or the arms. The arms are generally formed from a single length of wood bent into a bow.
- Nigeria: Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew - a Lesson for Biafra
- Biafra and Singapore both experienced war, in Singapore's case, a Japanese occupation in which Lee was once slapped for refusing to bow to a Japanese soldier and once escaped the firing squad. The drivers of Biafra, notably Nnamdi Kanu, do not appear ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Ravenbeak Natureworks - World's Finest Yew Longbows
- Building & teaching the world's finest yew longbows & flatbows. Custom & stock selfbows & laminates. Three & Eight day workshops to build your own.
- Yew Bows for Sale - Ravenbeak Natureworks
- Traditional Wooden Yew Bows for Sale. Hand-crafted longbow, flatbow, paddlebow and more! Stock or custom options available.
- Yew Wood Bows - Ravenbeak Natureworks
- All our bows are built using local Pacific Yew (taxus brevifolia). The beauty and strength in yew as a bow wood comes from the sapwood/heartwood combination ...
- Pacific Yew, Inc. - - Maker of fine yew longbows
- Maker of fine yew longbows for the archery community.
- Longbow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A longbow is a type of bow that is tall—roughly equal to the height of the user; allowing the ... Traditional English longbows are self bows made from yew wood.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.