A selection of articles related to yew trees.
Original articles from our library related to the Yew Trees. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yew Trees.
- It's been less than two weeks since I wrote the article for Jera; so it looks like I'm back on track. This Rune is both fascinating and multifaceted! Both the Sheils and Edred Thorsson identify Eihwaz with Yggdrasil, the Norse World Tree or Cosmic Axis. The...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Gwydion and the Battle of the Trees
- One of the common themes in Welsh mythology involves raids into the Underworld. This nether land realm is called by different sources Annwn, Achren, Caer Sidi, or by modern English references: Hades or the Otherworld. The images of the Welsh Underworld were...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 20
- Chapter 20 20:1 When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the LORD thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. 20:2 And it shall be,...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- The Green Man
- Who is this mysterious face in the leaves, commonly known as the Green Man? He is the personification of the spirit of nature itself in its vegetation form; the living heartbeat in every cell of a plant, shrub or tree, and the divine essence of the seasons....
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
Yew Trees is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yew Trees books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Large Rock and the Little Yew Discussion Questions
- And, in a small way, to teach children about yew and baobab trees.
- LiberaL arts, Yew trees and Combating CanCer
- of the anti-cancer drug found in the yew tree.
- Cardiovascular toxicity associated with yew leaf ingestion
- developed in a 16 year old girl who had cardiac toxicity resulting from the deliberate. Dr J J Murphy,. Department of Medicine, deliberately eaten yew tree leaves.
- Fact sheet 6 - Yew Tree
- FACT SHEET 6. THE SPECIAL CASE FOR THE. YEW TREE.
Suggested News Resources
- Goodwood Revival: what to do away from the circuit
- Some of its famous yew trees are 500 years old – the largest is 16ft around. There is a one-hour walking trail up and down the valley. Kingley Vale Area of Oustanding Natural Beauty (0300 060 6000, www.
- Spirit of black dog
- In 1988, it was constructed with 2400 yew trees to make 6' tall and 1½' wide hedge in concentric squares, till one manages to reach the mound on top. And then, one can see the shortest-cum-easiest route that one missed!
- A Leeds Castle Tour: One of Henry VIII's Favorite Castles
- Adults are also sure to be mesmerised by the maze, which consists of an overwhelming 2400 yew trees. A more curious, eccentric attraction is the Dog Collar museum, which holds over 100 dog collars.
- Welburn Hall School celebrates 60th anniversary
- A street party was held in an avenue of yew trees, when balloons and bunting created a carnival atmosphere.
- Wonderful woods
- It has a pretty pond in the middle, beautiful old yew trees perched on its central island and a network of walks. The Old Wood in Sheringham, Norfolk, is awash with flowers and animals including bats, shrews and deer.
Suggested Web Resources
- Yew tree - The RuneScape Wiki - Skills, quests, guides, items
- Yew trees are one of a variety of trees that are interactive scenery found in various places. They a.
- Yew-Trees by William Wordsworth
- There is a Yew-tree, pride of Lorton Vale, Which to this day stands single, in the midst.
- Yew Trees | Shrubs | Shade Loving Plants | Yews
- Garden design in low-light areas.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.