A selection of articles related to yoga sanskrit.
Original articles from our library related to the Yoga Sanskrit. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yoga Sanskrit.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Trance-formation (The Cosmic Tao of the Sexes)
- The purest outpouring of love between the sexes, is as a miniature super-nova of ecstatic union. Reciprocating pleasure becomes the engine that feeds the fires of passion. Passion becomes dynamic fuel for love. It is an engine that runs with the force of a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Namaste - Meaning and Usage
- The term Namaste is commonly used within new-age, yoga and reiki circles. It is a respectful greeting, both as a welcome and a saying good-bye. This Sanskrit word was brought to the western world by spiritual seekers in India and Nepal. I’m sure it has become...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- A Few Simple Stretches
- Here are a few simple Yoga stretches for those days when life gets you in the neck, in the back, in the shoulder or for the dreaded internetitis rigor mortis. Always work within your comfort level, it is meant to relax and stretch the muscles not to force...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
Yoga Sanskrit is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yoga Sanskrit books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Sanskrit-English Translation - The Arlington Center
- Sanskrit Pronunciation Guide. Sanskrit's breadth of expression comes in part from using the entire mouth for ... The Yoga-Sûtra in Sanskrit-English Translation.
- Glossary of Yoga Terms - Traditional Yoga Studies
- The following Sanskrit words are important terms of the Yoga tradition. ... Patanjali's eightfold path (astha-anga-yoga); originally this meant only meditation .
- Sanskrit and English Names - Yoga Shala Boulder
- Sanskrit and English Names of Some Asanas. Last revised June 2005. Note: The drawings are not intended to be accurate representations of the poses.
- Glossary to the Record of Yoga
- Sanskrit words are spelled according to the standard interna- tional system of ... and the relations between the Record of Yoga and his other writings. Quotations.
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Basics - Yoga Meditation
- Summary of the first five of the Yoga Sutras: Sutra 1: • Sanskrit: Atha yoga anushasanam. • English: Now, at this auspicious time, and after having done previous.
Suggested News Resources
- Story of a Jamaican Yogi who knows Sanskrit and teaches in China
- His name is Sasi, a Yogi, well versed in Sanskrit and he was born in Jamaica (a West Indian country with the influence of Indo-Caribbean culture). He follows Rastafari faith, teaches Yoga and lives in China.
- British Yogi on a Hiatus From Teaching
- Since his first visit as a student in 1988, Mallinson has taken a break from teaching Sanskrit and Classical Indian Studies at SOAS, University of London.
- University to offer diploma in vaastu, yoga, ayurveda, astrology
- The human resource development (HRD) ministry is boosting Sanskrit universities to encourage students in taking up such courses. A committee on yoga education in universities was set up in January, and is headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's yoga ...
- Delegates from 85 countries to take part in International Yoga Mahakumbh
- CM Harish Rawat said that the state government will hold Yoga Kumbh every year. "We want to make Uttarakhand a confluence of the Ganga, yoga and Sanskrit. While we attach great significance to yoga, we are equally committed to popularising Sanskrit, ...
- Baba Ramdev plans big yoga gig on JNU campus, event date yet to be set
- The yoga guru never made it to the university. The convention had been organised by the university's Special Centre for Sanskrit Studies (SCSS) in collaboration with the Institute of Advanced Sciences, Dartmouth, United States, and the Centre for Indic ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Learn About Sanskrit & Yoga: Pose Names and Meanings
- Sanskrit, the language of yoga, goes beyond the names of the poses and chants, and informs the practice of yoga on a fundamental level.
- 40 Common Sanskrit Words Every Yogi Should Know - Yoga Journal
- Jun 25, 2015 How's your Sanskrit? Studying up on the language of yoga helps you delve deeper into the practice by making both philosophy and asana ...
- Yoga Sanskrit Glossary: 200 Key Terms - Yoga Journal
- Aug 28, 2007 Unlock the mystery of the language of yoga with this glossary of over 200 Sanskrit yoga terms.
- The Debate: To Teach Yoga with English or Sanskrit Pose Names
- Aug 28, 2007 It's a central debate in the West—should we use the Sanskrit names for poses when we teach?
- Expressions of Spirit Yoga Page: Understanding Sanskrit Names
- Expressions of Spirt Yoga Page: OM the sacred sound of God. Understanding Sanskrit Names For Yoga Postures. Sources: light on Yoga by B.