A selection of articles related to yoga sanskrit.
Original articles from our library related to the Yoga Sanskrit. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yoga Sanskrit.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Trance-formation (The Cosmic Tao of the Sexes)
- The purest outpouring of love between the sexes, is as a miniature super-nova of ecstatic union. Reciprocating pleasure becomes the engine that feeds the fires of passion. Passion becomes dynamic fuel for love. It is an engine that runs with the force of a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Namaste - Meaning and Usage
- The term Namaste is commonly used within new-age, yoga and reiki circles. It is a respectful greeting, both as a welcome and a saying good-bye. This Sanskrit word was brought to the western world by spiritual seekers in India and Nepal. I’m sure it has become...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Yoga Sanskrit is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yoga Sanskrit books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- SANSKRIT: “PERFECTED” Whenever you - Piedmont Yoga Studio
- Whenever you practice or read about Yoga, you'll inevitably run across Sanskrit.
- Ashtanga Yoga 3rd series pictures sanskrit
- Añöanga Yoga - Advanced Series A (3rd Series). © AshtangaYoga.info.
- Beginning Yoga – Terminology
- Sanskrit - Language of Ancient Indian where Yoga originated. YOGA – Union: mind, body & spirit in communication and awareness.
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Basics
- sutras of the Yoga Sutras, which are summarized and described below.
Suggested News Resources
- Jivan Paani Festival by Centre for Indian Classical Dances
- The Centre not only undertook training in dance but also insisted that its students learn yoga, Sanskrit Slokas and many aspects of Indian cultural traditions.
Suggested Web Resources
- Sanskrit Names of Yoga Poses
- If you only know the Sanskrit names of a yoga pose, look it up here where the poses are arranged alphabetically by Sanskrit name.
- Yoga Journal - Yoga Quizzes & Tools - 200 Key Sanskrit Yoga Terms
- Yoga article: Discerning dharma from kharma or bhakti from shakti is an important lesson for all yoga students--whether you are a beginner or a long-time yogi.
- Expressions of Spirit Yoga Page: Understanding Sanskrit Names
- Expressions of Spirt Yoga Page: OM the sacred sound of God. Understanding Sanskrit Names For Yoga Postures. Sources: light on Yoga by B.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.