A selection of articles related to yoga sutras.
Original articles from our library related to the Yoga Sutras. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yoga Sutras.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Trance-formation (The Cosmic Tao of the Sexes)
- The purest outpouring of love between the sexes, is as a miniature super-nova of ecstatic union. Reciprocating pleasure becomes the engine that feeds the fires of passion. Passion becomes dynamic fuel for love. It is an engine that runs with the force of a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- The Living Tradition of Thelema
- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. What Crowley began, others must continue and develop or Thelema will become but a memory in the history of the Western Mystery Tradition. Yes, he was a Prophet and the Ipsissimus that one could say invented...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Yoga Sutras is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yoga Sutras books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- YOGA SUTRA
- To help those who might want to chant the Yoga Sutra in its original language printed and palm-leaf editions of the Yoga Sutra for finalizing its final form here.
- The Yoga Sþtras of Patañjali
- Here follows the doctrine concerning the understanding and uniting of the Spirit. Here follow the Yoga Sþtras of Patañjali.
Suggested News Resources
- 4 Yoga Asanas and Their Benefits
- Pranayama: Patanjali in his text of Yoga Sutras cited Pranayama as means of accomplishing higher states of awareness; he mentions the holding of breath as important practice of reaching Samadhi. "Prana" is Breath or vital energy in the body.
- Love Is The Real Yoga
- We can read all the books and know the teachings, such as the Vedas, yoga sutras, and specifically the Bhagavad Gita, but these just point the way and are not enough to awaken.
- TDIV Q&A: Why Is Yoga Beneficial?
- According to Master Patanjali, author of the ancient text, The Yoga Sutras, and yogic philosophy, the path to enlightenment is attained through the practice of the Eight Limbs.
- Yoga can do a body good
- His experience with the “Swamis” or monks that dedicate their lives to this therapeutic practice is centered on purity and the teachings that they instilled were based on the Yoga Sutras. “It was an experience of a lifetime,” stated Hooker.
Suggested Web Resources
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This is an article about the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. For general information on sutras, see Sutra. For a list of Hindu sutras, see List of sutras.
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali The Threads of Union Translation by BonGiovanni. 1. on Contemplations 2.
- Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, Contents
- Patanjali's Vision of Oneness, An Interpretive Translation by Swami Venkatesananda.
- Amazon.com: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Commentary on the
- Amazon.com: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Commentary on the Raja Yoga Sutras by Sri Swami Satchidananda (9780932040381): Sri S.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.