A selection of articles related to yogacara school.
Original articles from our library related to the Yogacara School. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yogacara School.
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Getting Up Again - A Story of Healing with Phosphorus and Anacardium
- Hope for the future gives life color and meaning. Having a body you can rely on is very important. In many cases the condition of the temple of our soul is a major key to happiness. And what makes healing so satisfactory is that the restoration of health...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Beth Moore
- Beth Moore, founder and pastor of internationally known Living Proof Ministries, was born Wanda Elizabeth Green on June 16, 1957 in an army base at Green Bay, Wisconsin. Beth is the fourth of five children and was raised in Arkadelphia.
>> Modern Science
- Arcane Ruminations
- Special Plates Notice how each particle moves. Notice how everyone has just arrived here from a journey. Notice how each wants a different food. Notice how the stars vanish as the sun comes up, and how all streams stream toward the ocean. Look at the chefs...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Hulse, David Allen
- From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Last year I wrote the Hagalaz article while snowed in. Later in the year I somehow managed to get the Nauthiz article written. (Library School is going well, got 3 A's and a B, should be finished by the end of 99, and in the spirit of Wunjo, a moderate "h...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Yogacara School is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yogacara School books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Q&A: Verge Yoga's Cara Bradley
- Cara Bradley has been helping Main Line yogis with their practice at Wayne's Verge Yoga for more than 12 years. She's witnessed how yoga and mindfulness can make a powerful difference. Two years ago, she introduced both to inner-city middle school ...
- Zen en de zin van dharmabeoefening- deel een
- Devotie is de kern van de Puur Land scholen, energie zit in de tantra, concentratie in praktische zin in de Ch'an/zen school maar theoretische backing in de Yogacara; wijsheid tenslotte zit in de Madhyamaka-scholen die je o.a. voort ziet leven in het ...
- Five myths about yoga
- Some forms of modern yoga have explicitly religious aims, from Hindu schools such as siddha yoga, which promotes the “strength and delight that come from the certainty of the divine presence within you,” to Christian varieties such as holy yoga, which ...
- Column: Yoga Is Much Misunderstood
- Examples include the 3rd-to-4th-century Buddhist yogacara, or “yoga practice” school, and the 6th-century Jain thinker Virahanka Haribhadra and his text, the Yoga Bindu, or “seeds of yoga.
- Life shifts and karmic momentum
- This week I saw, probably on twitter, an image of a man around thirty wearing a backpack and a sign hanging from his neck reading “Starting 19th Grade.” The caption said, “what grad school feels like.