A selection of articles related to yokut indians.
Original articles from our library related to the Yokut Indians. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yokut Indians.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Projective. Elements: Fire & Akasha. Clear yellow or orange ancient petrified resin (possibly pine tree). Electromagnetic. Opens solar plexus chakra for mental clarity, mood balance, confidence. Stomach anxiety, spine, Central Nervous System, brain, memory...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- History of Magick
- I. Early Magick One tradition holds that Witchcraft began more than 35 thousand years ago, when the last great sheets ice began their journey across Europe. Legend holds that small groups of hunters followed the free-running game and bison across the tundra....
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Yokut Indians is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yokut Indians books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- KERN TURNS 150: The county's first residents
- Today we turn to Kern's first residents, specifically the tribes of the Yokuts, Shoshonean and Chumash Indians that once flourished throughout the San Joaquin Valley. This piece ran in The Californian in April 1966, the county's centennial anniversary.
- CMS releases first star ratings for home health, few earn 1 star; See the list
- Only 51 home health agency received the low rating of one star, while over 2,000 received the top ranking of five stars in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services new star ratings for home health agencies. Home Health Compare currently has star ...
- A mountain man's flawed attempt at peace with California Indians
- At the head of the group was a mountain man and Indian trader named James Savage. Tall, blue-eyed, with shoulder-length blond hair and a long beard, wearing his trademark red shirt, Savage was leading a group of Yokut Indians from the foothills near ...
- S.F.'s first residents: Marshlands drew Indians to a barren spit
- Although there is little direct history on the Ohlone in general, and the Yelamu in particular, they shared many cultural traits with other, better-studied Central California Indians such as the Miwok, Pomo, Salinan and Yokuts.
- Meet the Great-Grandmother Writing a Dictionary to Preserve Her Dying Language
- It is estimated that Central California's Wukchumni tribe—part of the larger Yokuts Native Americans ethnic group—numbered in the tens of thousands during the years prior to European contact.
Yokut Indians Topics
Related searchesendangered language causes
menstrual cycle flow
agreement linguistics examples
battle of iwo jima background