Yoruba Language History
A selection of articles related to yoruba language history.
Original articles from our library related to the Yoruba Language History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yoruba Language History.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Software of the Mind #1: In The Beginning There Was Thought
- In the twilight before the dawn of civilization, the connection between humanity and Nature was still strong. Hunter-gatherers seeking food and self protection in the wilds, lived the wisdom of Nature because they never left its influence. Mind and body...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- The Symbolic Language of Dreams
- In dreams we are carried away to a wonderland of imagination - pleasures and fears blend themselves into a magical universe. When awake we have forgotten that this wonderland exists in our own souls. A Language According to Jung, dreams as well as daydreaming,...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
Yoruba Language History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yoruba Language History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Yoruba - National African Language Resource Center - University of
- Yoruba? People and History. The term Yoruba describes a number of semi- independent peoples loosely linked by geography, language, history and religion .
- THE STATUS OF THE LANGUAGES CENTRAL NIGERIA
- Blench (1987) gives a brief history of the development of language c) it excludes the large languages of the South, such as Yoruba, Igbo, E. do.
- YORUBA, A National Language of Nigeria The most populous
- The term Yoruba describes a number of semi-independent peoples loosely linked by geography, language, history, and religion.
- Is Yorùbá an Endangered Language?
- So, does the language have any future? The Yorùbá language expresses identity , it is a repository of history, it talks about the nation's ancestry, lineages.
Suggested News Resources
- Fagunwa's literary exploits in focus, 50 years after exit
- Oyeronke Oyewumi in her paper cross-examined the life and writing of Fagunwa from gender perspective and the inordinate role of male writers in representing the Yoruba language, history and culture as male dominant.
Suggested Web Resources
- Yoruba language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The ancestor of the Yoruba speakers is, according to their oral traditions, Oduduwa.
- Yoruba - Language Information & Resources
- One of the best-known Yoruba-language authors is D.O. Fagunwa, who is arguably Nigeria's most popular writer in history.
- MOTHERLAND NIGERIA: LANGUAGES & GREETINGS (by Boomie
- SPORTS; SPORTS PLAYED; SPORTS HISTORY; RECORDS; SPORTS .
- Black History month - History of the Yoruba
- Decoding the History of Yoruba within the meanings of language and the symbols.