A selection of articles related to yupik culture.
Original articles from our library related to the Yupik Culture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Yupik Culture.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Yupik Culture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Yupik Culture books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Pamyua dances, sings to engage teens with Yup'ik culture
- Their visit coincided with a youth leadership symposium that drew high school students from over half a dozen communities around Bristol Bay.
- Yupik school prepares to resume classes in new building
- "It'll make a big difference, because when we had our own building, we focused mainly on Yugtun," Ayaprun teacher John Cacuchin said of the Yup'ik language. "And then when we were fortunate enough to be in the DO and Gladys, the focus came away ...
- Toksook Bay basketball player to star in ESPN's “I am Yup'ik”
- Co-Directors Daniele Anastasion and Nathan Golon came to Bethel to film a movie about basketball and the Yup'ik culture in January and August of 2015. Anastasion said luckily they met Byron Nicholai who happened to be on the Toksook Bay Islanders ...
- Talking with the filmmakers of "I Am Yup'ik"
- He loved basketball and was fascinated by Yup'ik culture. Patrick remembered a lot of the stories he had heard about this tournament.
- Toksook Bay basketball player to star in ESPN's 'I am Yup'ik'
- Co-Directors Daniele Anastasion and Nathan Golon came to Bethel to film a movie about basketball and the Yup'ik culture in January and August 2015. Anastasion said luckily they met Byron Nicholai who happened to be on the Toksook Bay Islanders ...
Yupik Culture Topics
dream dictionary subconscious
witte van haemstede
meaning of dreams about marriage
vishishtadvaita pillai lokacharya