A selection of articles related to zakynthos island.
Original articles from our library related to the Zakynthos Island. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Zakynthos Island.
- Norfolk Island Pine: Correspondences
- Auricaria excelsa Folk Names: Gender: Masculine Planet: Mars Element: Fire Deity: Power: Protection, Anti-Hunger...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary N
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 28
- Chapter 28 28:1 And when they were escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita. 28:2 And the barbarous people showed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold....
New Testament >> The Acts
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Celtic Gods and Heroes: The Gods of Ancient Ireland
- Celtic peoples established themselves in Ireland about 2,500 years ago. But humans had inhabited the island long before that, as evidenced by the monument site at Newgrange dating to 3000 B.C., as well as the prehistoric megaliths at Carrowmore in Sligo, and...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Zakynthos Island is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Zakynthos Island books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- remarks on the messinian evaporites of zakynthos island
- Detailed mapping of the Neogene deposits on Zakynthos Island shows that the. Messinian primary evaporite basins, formed over Ionian basement, are delimited ...
- view posters in PDF format. - Search and Discovery
- ABSTRACT. The Eocene pelagic and redeposited carbonate sediments on Zakynthos Island were deposited on the base-of-slope connecting the Preapulian ...
- Seismic sequence near Zakynthos Island, Greece, April 2006
- Oct 3, 2009 Zakynthos Island. The April 2006 earthquake sequence near Zakynthos (Western Greece) is analysed to identify the fault plane(-s).
- Morbidity and Outcomes of Foreign Travelers in Zakynthos Island
- Apr 11, 2014 Zakynthos Island, Greece: A Retrospective Study ... travelers in Zakynthos, a popular Greek island attracting large number of foreign tourists ...
- Greeka guide to Zakynthos - Greeka.com
- section of Zakynthos on Greeka.com. What is Greeka.
Suggested News Resources
- Bravery in Zakynthos recalled
- AROUND 320 people gathered last Sunday to pay tribute to the leaders and residents of the Greek island of Zakynthos for their bravery during the Holocaust. Among the hundreds in attendance were Jewish and Greek religious and lay leaders, state Labor ...
- When Zakynthos stood up to Nazi anti-semitism
- Zakynthos is a magnificent speck in the ocean off the west coast of Greece. One of 1400 Greek islands, it is said that the Greek goddess of hunting, Artemis, hunted in the woods of Zakynthos.
- Zakynthos story
- CEO of the New South Wales Jewish Board of Deputies Vic Alhadeff has told the story of the Archbishop and Mayor of the Greek island of Zakynthos whose bravery saved the lives of 275 Jews during WWII at an event attended by a Greek and Jewish ...
- Zakynthos wartime heroism honoured
- Mr Alhadeff related the story of how in 1943 and 1944 Zakynthos' mayor, Loukas Karrer, alongside Bishop Chrysostomos Demetriou, defied the German occupation forces' request to round up the island's Jews for deportation.
- Zante is a fantasy island and the perfect family holiday destination
- We are on board the Annoula on a day trip from the Ionian island of Zante and have already stopped a couple of times to jump off the back of the boat for a swim.
Suggested Web Resources
- Zakynthos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Zakynthos (Greek: Ζάκυνθος [ˈzacinθos] ( listen)) or Zante (/ˈzɑːnti, -teɪ, ... In Greek mythology the island was said to be named after Zakynthos, the son of a ...
- Welcome to the island of Zakynthos, the beautiful green island in
- Your complete Travel Guide for the Ionian Island of Zakynthos contains: Pictures, history, culture, ecology,hotels, restaurants, apartments, and much more.
- Visit Zakynthos, Greece - Zakynthos Tourism & Travel Guide
- Zakynthos is the largest of the Ionian Islands, and it's as fruitful as it is beautiful, boasting a bounty of crops like olives and grapes. Music is a huge part of the ...
- Zakynthos island: Travel guide, Holiday planner - Greeka.com
- Navagio is the most famous beach of Zakynthos island, with the golden sand and the exotic blue waters. Do not miss a boat trip to Navagio and the Blue Caves ...
- Visit Greece | Zakynthos
- Zante is the flower of the East. Zákynthos (Zante) is a verdant island endowed with fertile valleys and a temperate climate (area: 406 sq. km; coastline: 123 km).