Zamorin Mamankam Festival
A selection of articles related to zamorin mamankam festival.
Original articles from our library related to the Zamorin Mamankam Festival. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Zamorin Mamankam Festival.
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- ISIS and ASET are really two different deities. When the worship of Isis rose, Aset had already been forgotten for hundreds of years, at this time only a small group of priests still knew how to read the hieroglyphs of the temple walls. Isis was more a Roman...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Meaning "the House of Horus". In early times seen as the sky-goddess and mother of Horus, in the New Kingdom she was merged with Isis to become the same deity. Already in the Old Kingdom her cult center seems to have been in Dendera. During the...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Zamorin Mamankam Festival is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Zamorin Mamankam Festival books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Journeys galore
- Ten years later, in 1659, Idris returns to Kozhikode to witness the Mamangam festival at Thirunavaya. At the Mamangam, the Chaver Pada or Suicide Squad wants to ambush the bodyguards of Aswathi Thirunal, the new Zamorin. Unknown to the Chavers, ...
- Recounting tales of suicide warriors
- Every 12 years they would plan to assassinate the Zamorin (Hindu Nair ruler) of Calicut (Kozhikode) who would come to the festival of Mamankam on the banks of the river Bharathapuzha or Nila. The story caught my imagination and after reading another ...
- 'It was like a birthday gift for my father'
- The Pulluvan Paattu, which describes the 1683 Mamangam (the once-in-12-years festivity that stamped the power of the Zamorin over the land) spoke of a young warrior Kandavar who is on a mission to assassinate the king.
- An equal music
- After Anita Nair's Idris with the Mamangam and Chavers who challenge the Zamorin, comes Odayan II-Yuddham, which is set in the same time and space. The graphic novel published by Pop Culture Publications tells the story of a vigilante named Odayan, ...
- It started with a song
- The Idris journey began with a ballad. “It boils down to this folk ballad that I read,” says Anita Nair. “It refers to a mamangam (a kingship festival where all the vassal kings declare their allegiance and troth to the Zamorin) of 1683.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mamankam festival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Mamankam festival or Mamangam festival (Malayalam: മാമാങ്ക ... festival, is believed to have been held in 1755, when the Samoothiri/Zamorin had a ...
- Mamankam - A grant cultural event conducted every twelve years to
- Mamankam was held once in every 12 years at Thirunavaya, on the banks of the river Bharathapuzha. Zamorin would stand waiting at the Nilapadu Thara ...
- Kshatriya - Mamankam festival or Mamangam festival... - Facebook
- The last such Mamankam festival, is believed to have been held in 1755, when the Samoothiri/Zamorin had a hair-breadth escape from a chaver aged 16 ...
- Historic Alleys: Chavers of Malabar
- Mar 13, 2009 In Malabar was a custom by which the Zamorin or king of Calicut had to cut ... The mamankam festival and the background is well explained in ...
- Maamaangam - YouTube
- Sep 23, 2011 Mamankam / Mamangam was an ancient festival celebrated on the banks of the river Bharathapuzha in Thirunavaya, Malabar coast, south ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Zamorin Mamankam Festival Topics
dream dictionary yarn
hunain ibn ishaq
dream dictionary abundance